Which Paint Colors Are Popular This Year?
Here’s a preview of new color palettes for 2021.
Today I’m going to switch up our conversation to discuss what paint colors are most popular this year. For years now, we’ve only been using grey tones as our main colors when it comes to listing a home for sale, but that trend has shifted. Don’t worry—grey is still available from all our favorite paint manufacturers, but they’ve come up with new palettes that might also be suitable to use when it comes to preparing a home for sale.
When we list a home, our goal is to bring in more light to make the space appear brighter and to neutralize the space so that people will fall in love with the property once they step foot inside. Here are some alternative options to basic grey to consider in 2021 that will help achieve those effects:
- Aegean Teal. This is a deep, warm teal color that works great with white accents and ceiling trim. This might not be the top choice if you plan to list, but if you plan to stay in your home for a long time, it’s a great color to use.
- Muslin. From a listing point of view, I love muslin. It’s not too grey or too taupe, but it does help neutralize and brighten up a room.
"The goal is to brighten up and neutralize your home so that buyers will fall in love with it."
- Urbane Bronze. This is a deep, gorgeous color that would look great in a powder room.
- Modern Grey. This is more of a greige color, which also means it’s not too grey or taupe.
- Messenger Bag. This color is darker than Modern Grey, but it still helps add a neutral pop to any room.
If you’re thinking of selling your home, I strongly encourage you to check out the 2021 color palettes provided by Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore. If you have any questions or would like further recommendations, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.